At WiCS, we envision a future where all different kinds of people are influencing the technologies and companies that are moving us into the future.
By donating to WiCS, you are helping us challenge traditional computer science culture, and celebrate a new more inclusive community. Here are some ways your money can make a difference:
- $5 can make two WiCS pride items for our students such as buttons or magnets
- $10 can help us buy supplies for our annual spring hackathon
- $15 can help support our annual career workshop that connects students with local industry professionals for mock interviews, resume feedback, and salary negotiation advice
- $20 can help support our student-run mentorship program
- $150 can help send a student to the Grace Hopper Celebration — the world’s largest gathering of women technologists
Donate Here: tinyurl.com/support-wics
In Kind Sponsorship
Our next event is our Annual Spring Hackathon from April 12-13. If you would like to show your support without a monetary gift please consider an in kind donation of food or prizes. Here are some examples of in kind contributions that will make a difference at our Spring Hackathon:
- Catered dinner (ie rice bowls, tacos, asian fusion buffet) for the pitch kickoff event
- An assortment of fruit, bagels and shmears for opening day breakfast
- Platters of sandwiches and salads for break time lunch to keep the energy and motivation going for the creators
- Custom hackathon memorabilia t-Shirts for participants
- Prize packs for various awards. Some ideas below:
- First place prizes – Sponsored lunch with recruiters or hiring managers from your company
- Second place prizes – Raspberry pi kits and gift cards
- People’s Choice prizes – Your company’s swag bag
Additionally, we are also looking for spaces to host our events such as award ceremonies, social events, mentoring spaces etc.
If you would like to give an in kind donation please email firstname.lastname@example.org.